Russ Cottage

Corner of Point Leander Drive and St Dominics Road, Port Denison   (08) 9927 1323

Russ Cottage is able to be viewed through the windows.

In Brief
  • Suited For: Families, Seniors
In Detail
Built in 1868 by Titus Russ, Russ Cottage is a fine example of a rural worker’s home of over 145 years ago. The kitchen floor is made from crushed ant hill, packed down to make a hard surface. The cottage was purchased from the Russ family 100 years after it was built by the Shire of Irwin, and has since been leased and restored by the Irwin District Historical Society and furnished as a 1870’s yeoman’s cottage.