Katanning Town Hall

16 - 24 Austral Terrace, Katanning   (08) 9821 9999
Overview

This building started public life as the Agricultural Hall and, after extensive renovations in 1928, it became known as the Town Hall.

In Detail

The lower floor of this attractive building in Austral Terrace was completed in 1897. It started public life as the Agricultural Hall and, after extensive renovations in 1928, it became known as the Town Hall. On the side, the Mechanics' Institute rooms still operate and proudly house three large billiard tables.

ACCESS
External access and entrance
The approach to the building is via a wide pathway that leads to a 1.4 metre wide ramp with a hand rail that is steeper than 1:14.
There is a wide tri-fold door that is open during the event.
There is a slight lip at the entry followed by another lip leading to the spacious carpeted foyer.
Internal area
Spacious entrance and foyer with carpeted, level flooring leading to a hardwood Hall interior.
A ticketing table is placed in the foyer at sitting height.
In the hall, chairs and tables are set out in rows.

Location