Cygnet Theatre

16 Preston Street, Como   (08) 9367 1663

The Cygnet Cinema was originally named The Como Theatre.

In Detail

The building was designed by architect William Leighton for cinema pioneer James Stiles and was officially opened in March 1938. This fine example of Art Deco style architecture is now included on the State’s Heritage Register.

A coffee shop offering a range of special treats. Patrons can sit or grab a take-away coffee to have while they watch a movie.

Classics of the Silver Screen are shown on the third Sunday of each month. Pre-show entertainment starts at 10.00am, movies commence at 10.30am. Programme includes other short films and nostalgic items.